The present church, dedicated to St David, the Patron Saint of Wales,
was built in 1907 to replace a corrugated iron church which was built
Funds for the building of the church were raised by public donations
and events, notably the Grand Fete at Miskin Manor which raised over
The church was licensed on 23rd December 1907 and later consecrated by
Right Rev Timothy Rees, Bishop of Llandaff, on Sunday 23rd April 1933.
One of the main features of the church is the beautiful stained-glass
window dedicated to the Rhys-Williams family. Jessie Bayes, a friend of
William Morris, and following in the Pre-Raphaelite tradition, designed
the three most recent windows.
In 2007 St David’s celebrated its centenary with various successful
events, including an Open Day, Sponsored Hymn-Singing, a photographic
competition and a Carol Service.
Two booklets were produced, one about the history and another on the
heraldry in the church.
For more information see service